Wednesday, August 31, 2016

How to keep track of your progress

Do you like to keep track of the progress you are making with your workouts? How much more weight you lifted than last week or what moves were harder than others. Does it inspire you to do better or just seem like to much work?

I have come to like tracking my progress and seeing the difference so I thought I would share some ways that are good to see how far you have come and what needs some work.





First lets talk about the good old fashion pen to paper like the picture above. This is like scrap-booking to me. I can make it as plain or as pretty as I want it. I sometimes have a harder time with this. It takes away time from the workout to write everything down and my brain will forget how much weight I lifted two sets ago if I'm really into the work and not focused on weight. This is called a one track mind.

If I do it this way then on a Sunday I will make sure to have all the days filled out first and add whatever fun stuff I want so that way when the day comes all I need to add is the total weight.

This is a fun option if you like things pretty and really Who DOESN'T.



Another option to help track your fitness goals would be an app. If you open the Playstore or whatever it is that Apple uses and there you will find so many apps that it is hard to find the right one. My husband and I have installed and uninstalled so many that we lost track. So trust me when I say that the JEFIT app is a wonderful app for keeping track of your fitness.

It lets you pick from a stock workout or you can customize it. It follows along with you and counts down your rest time too. All you have to do is add in the weight and reps and hit GO. I Highly recommend this app.

Snapshot of the Home screen for JEFIT app




I have found that if you are doing a workout routine on bodybuilding.com and you want to keep track of your progress they give you both options as I showed above.

You can printout a paper copy of the workout and write in your weight and reps or most of the routines now come with an app to help track your progress.






Whichever way feels best and easiest for you to keep track of your workouts is what I recommend. Being able to see your progress in numbers and not just what you see in the mirror or on the scale helps to keep you motivated towards your goals.


*How do you track your progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment