Friday, December 16, 2016

How to set yourself up for a Whole30

Now that you have found your WHY for doing a Whole30, the next step is to set yourself up to win. If you go into it unprepared then you will struggle so why do that? You can make this experience so much easier with a little organization. 






Let's talk the kitchen! You will be spending more time in there. I'm not going to lie, it won't be easy. If you don't like to cook than meal prep will be your friend. Also if you don't like dishes....well, sorry because you WILL be doing a lot of them. 

First things first. I bet you would be surprised what in your cupboard has sugar. When I first did a Whole30 I was shocked that you can find sugar in almost all processed foods and even seasonings have added stuff. So take a few hours to clean out the crap. Now if it's new or barely used, find someone you can give it to so as not to be wasteful.

I understand that if you are the only one in a house doing this then you may want to find a separate location for your condiments and food so you won't make a slip-up and sabotage your Whole30 without even realizing it.


Next:
Let's talk meal prep and menu planning along with shopping.

You are going to want to sit down and plan a menu for at least a week out, if not two. If you are searching around in your fridge trying to figure out what to make at the last minute you will more than likely just grab something that is off plan. With your menu planned then you can make your shopping list.

Meal prep for me is usually on Sunday just because that is my rest days from workouts. Get all you bulk stuff done like cooking your meats and then separating them and putting stuff in the freezer. Cut up all your veggies and make your salads.


Motivation and accountability

Another way to get prepared for a Whole30 would be a way to keep yourself accountable. I myself like to journal and blog but I also have a calendar where I can mark off the days. The website has a timeline that is fun to have. It kind of gives you an idea as to what to expect. I printed one off.



No comments:

Post a Comment