Thursday, November 17, 2016

Why I failed at coaching for Beachbody

I wanted to share my journey to try and become a Beachbody coach. I thought that maybe it would help anyone out there who is still on the fence about whether to join or not.

Now I'm not going to bash the company because I do enjoy some of their workouts and am currently doing the Masters Hammer & Chisel so it's not a negative post.






I'm going to start off with saying that I only gave it a few months for me to decide that this wasn't going to work. Some people may think that I just didn't give it enough time and that is OK to have that opinion. I didn't need anymore time then that because of the stress that i felt I wasn't going to drag it out.

So when someone approaches you and asks if you would be a perfect coach. You are so positive and uplifting. Take that as a compliment because it is. It means they have been studying you and like what they see. Also know that there will be a catch if they belong to Beachbody. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, just be warned.


Who knows what an introvert is??


Opposite of extrovert. A person who is energized by spending time alone. Often found in their homes, libraries, quiet parks that not many people know about, or other secluded places, introverts like to think and be alone. 

 This definition isn't complete. Introverts can be socially awkward and find reaching out to people difficult. Putting your personal life on display may be a challenge.

If any of this applies to you then you might have the same thoughts I had when someone said I'd be a great coach. I kept to myself for a reason. The response I got was "it is all done via the internet so it's great for introverts"

I want to reiterate that this being said to me in no way makes this person wrong. I actually have grown very fond of my upline and will continue to be her friend even after my coaching days are over.

But know, that if you are an Introvert then it may be difficult for you. You are asked to put your personal life on display for everyone. That right there was so hard for me. And then inviting everyone in took courage. I felt comfortable with my little circle that I had and I was asked to expand on it.

I understand that you need to do that in order to expand your reach but it brought me stress. "what if I offend these people, what if they don't want to hear what I have to say?" Those are just a couple of thoughts I had.

Then having to invite people to buy challenge packs brought on such anxiety that I had to throw in the towel because I couldn't continue to do something that I would dread. I was not made to be in network marketing. I am so for people doing whatever they feel like with their lives and who am I to say they should try this product.


My Positives 

The few months that I tried it I do have to say that reading Personal development (which they encourage) did help me to feel a little bit more comfortable putting my life out there for the world to see. I has helped me to reach out to total strangers just a bit easier (not that i do it often)


*I hope this post has helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment