Friday, June 10, 2016

Should you be using a fitness app?

Are fitness apps there to help us be productive or can they be counterproductive?
In this day and age, it is not uncommon to see people glued to their smartphones or tablets. Of course "there's an app for that!"






I thought that I would explore the pros and cons of the fitness app craze. Do they help our performance or just get in the way?

A very big market
There are so many different apps in the market that are labeled in the health and fitness genera that it can lead to feeling overwhelmed when wanting to find what will work best for you. I am not going to go into detail with all the different specialties, instead, I'm going to just talk in generalities.


I use one...or more, maybe
OK, so when I first started out with fitness I didn't know what I was doing so I turned to YouTube for guidance. Easier to follow along than to go out in uncharted territory. Once I got my bearings and things got going, I wanted to track reps and weight so that I could one up myself the next time around.


What are the benefits
There are many good aspects to using some sort of fitness app. If you are like me and love lists, tracking, and journaling, you can find one that is like that all rolled into one.  Who doesn't want a place to keep accountable for some goal they have? If you can see it consistently then you are more than likely to be encouraged during the journey and end up reaching that goal.


Is there a downside
The most important thing I think there is to remember not to get caught up with the numbers and not get down on yourself if you don't reach that goal right away. It should be all about the journey, so if you keep that in mind then actually finding the right app would be your only downside....oh and internet connection!


I use JEFIT on my Kindle and it gives you workout plans that as you go along you can track the reps and weight and it times your rest for you. bodybuilding.com has kind of the same thing per each workout you pick. Now these are for weightlifting, I'm not sure about just general workouts.





*This is just my opinion on fitness apps and do not want you to think that you need an app to get fit, I just happen to need extra help.

** Do you use a fitness app? What kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment