Monday, June 6, 2016

Lifting Heavy VS Lifting Alot

Do you do high reps or heavy weight?

In wanting to achieve that sculpted body that you can be happy with, how should you go about it?





High Reps

You can opt to spend more time doing high reps, which usually consist of around 20 per set. This is something that was thought to be best by many Mr. Olympia competitors. The bad thing about high reps can be the strain on the muscle with constant repetition. I can see where if you were nervous about using a heavy weight that this would appeal to you. This article suggests you can do both and it has an example workout.


Heavy weight

If you would rather not spend the time it takes to do a high volume workout than to stress the muscle you can opt to lift heavy weights. Now just because you are lifting heavy weights does not mean that you will "look bulky" It takes time to achieve that look and also you have to consider diet. I found this article so informative! 


Doing both

In my research for this post, I have come to agree with many people who feel that you should try to incorporate both. I myself, I do 4 sets in which 2 I do heavy weight up to 12 reps and the other 2 I do lower weight up to 20 reps. My husband has just got into weight training and he does a high rep workout and seems to like it. This article discusses the pros and cons of each way to lift weights.


* Which way do you weight train and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment