Thursday, June 30, 2016

Finding INSPIRATION

Have you ever just felt so overwhelmed? You feel like you are doing everything right and you are just not seeing the results you should be. Where do you turn? What gets you through that wall or over that plateau?






For me it is the inspiration of others. Seeing what they have had to over come to get where they are is what keeps me moving. Like me, you may not have someone to go to the gym with and set goals with, but that doesn't have to slow you down.

We are so lucky to live in a time where there is inspiration right at our finger tips. Social media is such a great tool, Instagram in particular. Now don't get me wrong, there can be a down side to social media also! I think you need to go into it with open eyes and a hard skin.

There are so many people just like you out there fighting to reach and crush their goals. I don't think it's good idea to become their stalker but it is nice to see their progress and give a little friendly cheer every now and then. It also helps you to feel better about some roadblock that you are having, if you share and get it out there. You never know if someone else is going through the same thing and feels better just knowing they are not alone.

@girlswhopowerlift

I LOVE their Instagram account. It is a community of like minded women who are all about being strong and lifting weights and each other. If I am ever in need of inspiration this is the first place I'm going to go. The women n here are not afraid to show they things you can accomplish when you fight for it....it doesn't always come the first time.


@coloradopowerchics

This Instagram has two creators that you can follow separately but this site they created to share all about the bad-ass women of Colorado. Now I don't live there but I have family there so I support. Who couldn't use a group of women from your area who are doing the same thing you are. Maybe look into if your state or town has started something like thins.


@deadliftingfordonuts

A lovely lady named Tiffany has created this great profile. I was drawn by the name and am inspired every time she posts. She is very real and also posts some pretty funny stuff. There are videos of her doing her thing along with her husband. I also LOVE her hair! You should follow her.


@_cleeea

Cancer survivor!! What else is there to say? Clea is such a bad-ass that I'm so glad I found her profile. She is so positive and a great inspiration to everyone. To be going through cemo and still have a smile on your face. She makes me smile and she will you too.


So, other than having to have the internet, you can create a motivation wall/board. My gym has a motivation wall and on it I have some of my favorite quotes. You can get magazines and cut out fun inspirational picture. You are only limited by your imagination when it comes to creating a motivation wall.

Do whatever it takes to get yourself in a better place. Being down on yourself is unhealthy, emotionally and physically. 

*how do you find inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment