Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Can vegetarians get enough protein?

If you are into fitness then you are aware that protein consumption is a big thing. Protein helps your muscles recover and grow.

There are so many different ways that you can get your daily recommended amount of protein.



                          Picking the right protein powder



What are some ways to get protein in your diet?

The first thing that pops in my mind would be chicken, it has 24 grams per 3 oz servings. Then what comes out of a chicken....eggs! I have never seen a meal plan that does not have eggs on it in some form or another.

Steak ranks up there with chicken at 23 grams per 3 oz serving and steak is pretty yummy, if I do say so myself.

You can also get a good amount of protein from pork chops and seafood. All of this sounds wonderful to me because I follow the keto/Atkins diet so I have no problem getting my protein intake where it needs to be.





How do vegetarians get their protein?

I had to look this up to be sure because I do no think that I would be able to pull off being a vegetarian.

Apparently soy is high on that list. All things that are soy based have great protein numbers.

There is also of course the standard staple in most peoples cupboards...the protein shake. But you would either do water or a nut milk because dairy is out for the vegetarian. Which is how I drink mine. I think milk is to processed and love a coconut milk.

Nuts and beans are another way to get your protein for vegetarians. I love almonds and they are good for any diet that you may be on, just do not over indulge. I personally think that beans are nasty but more power to those that eat them because I know they are good for you.



So, either way you choose to feed your workouts, you have no excuse not be getting enough protein.


* What is your favorite protein staple?

No comments:

Post a Comment